Green Lane Mills, Yeadon, LS19 7BA
Green Lane Mills is a 150 year old mill building bristling with character and has lost none of its charm through its transformation into stylish, modern apartments, fit for 21st-century living. The cool ambience of cobbled courtyards, the exposed beams, original stone features, and the full height, glazed roof reception atrium all combine to create a picture perfect scene.
High ceilings and huge windows, which bathe the spacious apartments in natural light and offer far-reaching views of the surrounding countryside, give Green Lane Mills a unique quality of lifestyle. Our apartments and houses combine the magnificent industrial heritage with modern, cutting-edge design complete with a quality specification, all of which gives the development its unique, contemporary twist. The scheme enjoys a prime location on Green Lane, Yeadon within easy reach of all the local facilities in this desirable, leafy town.
Thanks to an elevated position, it also boasts panoramic views over the surrounding countryside, including the Aire Valley, Baildon Moors and the famous Ilkley Moors. Green Lane Mills forms an attractive residential community with a semi-rural feel, yet it is conveniently located for commuters, with Leeds and Bradford city centres just a 15 minute train journey away from the nearby Guiseley railway station.
Building A is now complete and we have now started construction of Building B and we are expecting to release prices in the spring of 2020. See more information on build progress on Instagram @camsteadhomes or see our onsite sales team 7 days a week from 10am to 5pm.
Green Lane Mills is perfectly positioned within easy reach of the vibrant commercial centres of Leeds and Bradford, whilst surrounded by beautiful countryside.
Yeadon is an area steeped in heritage, dating back to as early as the 7th Century but latterly was renowned as being one of the centres of woollen manufacturing in the 19th Century. Green Lane Mills, an original weaving mill and dyeworks, provides the setting and is situated at the heart of this popular suburb. The town of Yeadon itself has at its centre a bustling high street with an array of local shops, supermarkets and a choice of eating and drinking establishments with many excellent cafes, restaurants, bars and pubs. As a popular commuter town Yeadon is well connected by road, rail and, with Leeds Bradford International Airport nearby, is ideally suited for the national and international traveller.
There are a number of excellent schools for all
ages, sporting facilities and parks to be enjoyed. Of particular interest is the nearby Yeadon Tarn, home to the Airedale Sailing Club; and The Chevin, a forest park with a magical mix of nature walks, wildlife habitats and cycle trails. Leeds itself is the largest legal and financial centre in the UK outside of London and enjoys a most diverse economy as one of the UK’s main employment centres. This success has led to a bid for Leeds to be named the European Capital of Culture in 2023.
Yeadon is superbly located for both work and leisure being within easy access of the region’s most vibrant and thriving cities of Leeds and Bradford as well as being on the doorstep of magnifi cent countryside to the north via the famous A65 gateway to Ilkley and The Dales beyond. It is also located close to the Leeds outer ring road giving access to major motorways including the A1(M), M62 and M1.
Green Lane Mills is just 1.9 miles from Guiseley Station which runs an average of 35 trains per weekday to both Leeds and Bradford Stations. With an average journey time of just 15 mins to Leeds and 18 mins to Bradford, both city centres can be accessed in around 30 minutes. From Leeds Station the East Coast line runs between London (fastest time 2 hrs 15 mins) and Edinburgh (fastest time 3 hrs).
There are bus stops within a two minute walk from Green Lane Mills, with regular services to Leeds, Otley, Burley-In-Wharfedale, Ilkley and Bradford.
Leeds Bradford Airport lies only 1.7 miles from the development and opens up unlimited opportunities to discover the UK and a host of cities across Europe.
Yeadon and the Aireborough Valley is considered to offer amongst the finest and most varied cycling in the country. In fact the Tour De France made its way across the area during the first stage in England in the summer of 2014, attracting millions of visitors to the city and county. From Green Lane Mills to the front door of Leeds Town Hall is just 7.5 miles – mainly downhill!
Each stylish apartment in Green Lane Mills offers a warm, bright, contemporary living space in an unrivalled location with some of Yorkshire’s finest countryside on the doorstep. The scheme will provide a variety of architectdesigned, one, two & three bedroom apartments, and four semi-detached and three terraced houses with gardens, all within the historic setting of the original mill complex.
Each home has been designed with luxury fixtures and finishes which will delight even the most discerning owners, in a setting which reflects the character and heritage of the Mill. Camstead Homes has painstakingly created a mixture of homes to suit the needs of professionals, commuters and families in a stylish and sensitively regenerated and reconfigured environment.
- Contemporary high quality fitted kitchens in a choice of colours*
- A choice of complementary quality laminate worktops with matching upstands with an option for Silstone upgrade*
- Glass splash backs
- Integrated stainless steel built in double oven to all three bed properties
- Integrated stainless steel built in single oven to all one and two bed apartments
- High quality induction hobs to A & B Mills
- Stainless steel 5 burner gas hob to The Terraces, The Mews and The Cottages
- Glass & stainless steel cooker hood
- Integrated fridge/freezer
- Integrated dishwasher
- Stainless steel one and a half bowl sinks with chrome polished tap
- Integrated washer/dryer
- LED feature lighting to underside of wall units
- A choice of quality floor tiles*
BATHROOMS AND CLOAKROOMS
- Contemporary sanitaryware & polished chrome fittings throughout
- Fitted mirrors to master en-suites
- Choice of quality floor and wall tiles*
- Full tile to bath and shower area, half tile to basin & w/c
- Splash back to cloakroom
*Subject to stage of construction
- Matt White Chiffon painted walls throughout
- Eggshell woodwork throughout
- White matt emulsion to ceilings
- Moulded skirtings and architraves
- Smooth plaster finish to all ceilings
- Choice of fitted carpets throughout excluding kitchen, utility and wet areas
HEATING AND HOT WATER
- Electric radiator central heating with digital programmer and thermostatic radiator valves to A & B Mills
- Gas fired radiator central heating with digital programmer and thermostatic radiator valves to The Terraces, The Mews and The Cottages
- Chrome heated towel rail to bathrooms and en-suites
ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING
- Recessed low voltage black nickel down lighters to kitchen, and hallway
- Black nickel switch plates to kitchen, hallway, and living room
- Chrome finished shaver points to bathrooms and en-suites
- External lights to front and rear door to The Terraces, The Mews, and The Cottages
- Door bell to The Terraces, The Mews and The Cottages
WINDOWS AND DOORS
- Timber double-glazed windows
- Quality doors throughout with designer black nickel ironmongery
SECURITY AND PEACE OF MIND
- Intercom entry to A & B Mills
- ‘Secured by design’ front door plus chrome security chain
- Mains operated smoke detectors with battery back-up
- 10-year insurance backed LABC warranty
*Subject to stage of construction